Who We Are
The American Red Cross Central and Southern Illinois serves almost 3 million people in 78 counties and includes 3 chapters. The three chapters are the American Red Cross Serving Central Illinois, American Red Cross Serving the Quad Cities and West Central Illinois and American Red Cross Serving South Central Illinois.
What We Do
The American Red Cross Central and Southern Illinois Region engages nearly 1,900 volunteers, who provide help and hope to thousands of people each year through disaster response, providing preparedness training and teaching lifesaving skills.
How We Do It
- disaster response for victims of home fires, floods, tornadoes and other natural or man-made disasters
- community preparedness education for youth, adults, families and organizations
- services to members of the armed forces and their families including emergency communications
- workplace preparedness and training
- disaster support, when needed, to other regions around the country
Last year, Our Region:
- Responded to 738 local disasters, most of which were home fires
- Reached more than 41,000 youth and adults with preparedness training
- Provided services to more than 850 military members and their families
- Engaged over 1,880 youth and adult volunteers, who collectively donated 76,873 volunteer hours to help deliver the Red Cross mission